CRIMEENTERTAINMENTNEWSPOLITICSTRENDING

Davido Was Target of Gun Attack on Adeleke’s Convoy, Police Say

Police say suspected gang members attempted to reach the Afrobeats star during Governor Ademola Adeleke’s convoy movement in Osogbo, triggering a gun battle and panic around the palace.

OSOGBO, OSUN STATE: The Osun State Police Command has revealed that Afrobeats superstar David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, was reportedly the target of the gun attack that disrupted Governor Ademola Adeleke’s convoy in Osogbo on Wednesday, August 19, 2026.

The incident occurred during Governor Adeleke’s visit to the palace of the Ataoja of Osogbo, shortly after he received his Certificate of Return from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

According to the police, preliminary investigations indicated that suspected members of the Eye Confraternity attempted to gain access to Davido. One of the suspects, identified as Adebayo Taoreed, popularly known as “Small Rugged,” allegedly tried to force his way through Davido’s security team.

The confrontation reportedly attracted other suspected gang members, who blocked the palace entrance and obstructed the movement of the governor’s convoy. Security personnel subsequently exchanged gunfire with the suspects.

Reports said the shooting caused panic around the palace and surrounding areas. One 60-year-old man, identified as Tajudeen Yusuf, was reportedly shot in the Itaolokan area of Osogbo and later died in hospital. Police said investigations are ongoing and efforts are underway to apprehend those responsible.

However, Davido himself disputed reports that he or his uncle, Governor Ademola Adeleke, had been directly attacked. In a post on X, the singer said the incident was a fight outside the palace and had nothing to do with him or the governor.

The conflicting accounts have generated significant reactions online, with the police version suggesting Davido was the intended target while the singer maintains that the confrontation was unrelated to him and the governor.

Authorities have urged the public to remain calm as investigations continue.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button